Whether you’re paying rent or splitting the household bills, INTERAC e-Transfers help make it easy to send money to another person or business. Sending money is fast, convenient and secure.
If you don't already have it, download our Mobile App.
1. Log into the Mobile App and tap INTERAC e-Transfer
2. Choose the Account you want to send money from
3. If you’ve requested money before, select their name from the list
If you haven’t, tap Add Recipient and choose a new recipient. Enter their name, email or mobile phone number. Now enter a security question and answer. Finally tap Add Recipient.
4. Add the amount you’d like to send
5. Tap Continue to finalize the transfer. The recipient will get a text or email notifying them of the request.
1. Log into Online Banking and click Transfers > Send Interac e-Transfer on the left navigation panel
2. If you’ve requested money before, select their name from the list
If you haven’t, click Add New Recipient. Enter their name, email or mobile phone number and enter a security question and answer, then click Add Recipient.
3. Select to send the notification by email, mobile phone or both
4. Enter the amount you wish to send and the account it will be sent from
5. Click Send Transfer to finalize. The recipient will get a text or email notifying them of the request.
An e-Transfer can only be stopped if the recipient has not accepted it yet. Log into either Online or Mobile Banking and go to e-Transfers and click Pending. Click on Cancel to cancel the e-Transfer.
You have three attempts to correctly answer the security question before the transaction will remain 'pending' for the sender. The sender will then have to resend the e-Transfer. To avoid this, ensure you provide the recipient with the password.
The most you can send is $6,000 in a 24-hour period, $10,000 in 7 days and $40,000 in 31 days.
The most you can receive is $10,000 in a 24-hour period, $140,000 in 7 days, and $600,000 in 31 days.
There is a $1 cost to send e-Transfers unless your account package offers them for free. There is no fee to accept e-Transfers.
No, e-Transfers can only be done between Canadian financial institutions.
e-Transfers should be received about 30 minutes after sending.