Whether your friend owes you for dinner, or you need to remind a customer to pay an invoice, sending a request for money is quick, easy and free of charge.
If you don't already have it, download our Mobile App.
1. Log into the Mobile App and tap INTERAC e-Transfer
2. At the top select Request
3. If you’ve requested money before, select their name from the list
If you haven’t, tap the arrow in the top left corner and select Settings at the top. Under Manage Recipients tap Add Recipient and select Add New Recipient. Enter their name, email or mobile phone number. Now enter a security question and answer. Finally tap Add Recipient.
4. Choose the Account you want the money to be deposited into and add the amount you are requesting. If there is an invoice # and due date, enter them below and check off Request Agreement.
5. Tap Continue and Confirm. The recipient will get a text or email notifying them of the request.A verification email will be sent to your account to complete your registration.
On your computer
1. Log into Online Banking and click Transfers > Request Interac e-Transfer on the left navigation panel
2. If you’ve requested money before, select their name from the list and check off the acknowledgment statement
If you haven’t, click Add New Recipient. Enter their name, email or mobile phone number and enter a security question and answer, then click Add Recipient.
3. Enter the amount you wish to request and the account it will be deposited into
4. Click Request to finalize the transfer. The recipient will get a text or email notifying them of the request.
Yes, simply click the Decline option below the amount requested.
Yes, you can opt-out of receiving any requests from specific people or the service completely by selecting the opt-out option on the email notification.