Copperfin Bursaries and AwardsIf you are pursuing post secondary education and either you and/or your parents are a member of Copperfin Credit Union, take a look at the Bursaries and Awards available through Copperfin:
Copperfin Credit Union Bursary
Across the communities we serve Copperfin Credit Union awards up to 13 bursaries totaling $9,750.00 annually. The bursaries are awarded on the basis of financial need, academic standing, extracurricular activities in and outside of school, and the community at large.
Laptops for Learners Bursary
Each year Copperfin Credit Union awards up to three “Laptop for Learners” bursaries. The selected students must be graduating from secondary schools anywhere in the District of Thunder Bay and attending a post-secondary institution. The recipients will receive a laptop or tablet.
Ruth Blackburn Co-op Young Leaders Award
Copperfin Credit Union is a proud sponsor of the Ruth Blackburn, Co-op Young Leaders Award. The award is in memory of Ruth Blackburn, a long time, integral member of the legacy credit union management team. The award sponsors the attendance of a young member of Copperfin Credit Union to attend the Co-operative Young Leaders Program at Lake St. George Conservation Centre, Richmond Hill, Ontario. The one week residential summer camp encourages the development of leadership, communication skills, fosters self-confidence and creates a stronger awareness of co-ops and co-operatives principals, all in the context of a fantastic experience. All costs are covered for the successful young member, including airfare.
- The applicant and/or applicant’s parents must be an active member of Copperfin Credit Union in order to qualify for any of the bursaries or awards.
- The student must be graduating from a secondary school and attending a post-secondary educational institution in the next succeeding academic term.
- To qualify for the Laptops for Learners Bursary, the student must be graduating from a secondary school in the District of Thunder Bay.
- All eligible applicants will be considered.
- Each applicant must complete the application (which can be found here), a cover letter and provide a transcript of current record and submit the package electronically to the email address below. (Please remember to save the application onto your computer if you fill it out online, it will not save automatically).
- Applications must be submitted before the deadline to: email@example.com
- All applications must be received no later than Thursday, May 15th, 2014.
E- Transfer and Mobile Banking
Going away to school? You still have access to your accounts 24/7 with online banking. You can pay your bills, accept and send money transfers with Interac Email Money Transfer, and access your account from your cell phone with Mobile Banking.
Away from Copperfin and need an ATM?
We’re On the Exchange Network!
The banks and credit unions on THE EXCHANGE® Network have agreed to never charge each other’s cardholders surcharge fees. You will never pay any additional fees to access your own money even if you use another Financial Institution’s ATM.
Whether you’re a Newfoundland Credit Union member or a BC bank customer you can use any of the deposit-taking ATMs on THE EXCHANGE® network to make a deposit. You can deposit in any Province, at any deposit-accepting ATM, regardless of where your account is held.
Download the ap or visit http://www.the-exchange.ca to find an Exchange ATM nearest you !
There are so many costs associated with going to school. Here are some links with helpful info to help you budget and stay on track.
Did you know...
Did you know that you can apply at your nearest Service Canada Centre and get a SIN number immediately with the proper ID? See this link to Service Canada for more information.